With increased use of mobile devices to access the internet, businesses now have to target customers through their mobile devices. It is no longer a question of if you should optimize your marketing strategy for mobile; it is a question of how best to do it. Businesses can choose to develop a native app, build a responsive website, or develop a progressive web app.
Although responsive websites are a quick and easier option, they don’t provide users with a pleasant experience. On the other hand, native apps are limited to specific devices. There are many barriers when it comes to adopting native apps for different devices.
Progressive web apps are therefore the best solution. They are mobile apps that are delivered via the web. They provide a great user experience and are not limited to any specific device. They are run right in the browser. They are also great for working offline or in areas of low internet connectivity.
Progressive web apps offer various advantages:
1. They are reliable. They load very quickly even in areas of low internet connectivity.
2. They respond fast to user interaction. The animations are smooth too.
3. They are engaging. Users get the feel of using a native app with the quality of a website. Users will definitely enjoy their experience.
4. They are secure. They are made in secure environments. This makes them secure for use by customers who have to share personal information such as their credit card information.
5. There is no need to adapt them to different devices. You only have to develop a single app and it can be used for different devices.
Progressive web apps are the future. Businesses that want to reach customers through mobile devices have no choice but to make use of them to be effective.