6 ECommerce Holidays to Focus on in 2017
- Ocotober 7, 2017
- Scott Pullo
The ecommerce industry is gearing up for another holiday season and if your business has not started planning, you are getting late. Every year, preparations for the holiday season are starting earlier and for many good reasons. Well, to leverage the amazing spending power exhibited during the holiday season, you need to know which holidays to target. Here are the top among them:
- Thanksgiving Nov 23: This is more than an opportunity for families to spend time together and overindulge. This now marks the official start of the holidays and lots of sales happen meaning you have to be ready for it.
- Black Friday Nov 24: This is the busiest shopping day of the year and you should focus on complimentary products, limited-time sales, promotions and special events for more sales.
- Cyber Monday Nov 27: Another top ecommerce holiday the next Monday after thanksgiving when you can make more sales through flash sales, promotions, contest, special offers, daily deals and discounts. In 2016, this was the biggest day in the history of U.S. e-commerce with online sales totaling $3.45 billion.
- Giving Tuesday Nov 28: The Tuesday after U.S. Thanksgiving in the United States, which has become an international day of giving.
- Green Monday Dec 11: Created by eBay to define its best sales day in December, it is also called the Cyber Monday 2 and appeals to Millennials and Gen X. Free Shipping Day Dec 16: This is a one-dayonline retail event that started in 2007 and is held annually in mid-December. Retailers offer free shipping with no minimum purchase and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve to boost sales.